Key Statutory Guidance relating to Children and Adults at Risk
Children - Working Together 2018
Adults at Risk - Care and Support Statutory Guidance (Care Act 2014 Guidance)
National Safeguarding Policies and Procedures
CSSA (Catholic Safeguarding Standards Agency) ensure that the Church’s policies on safeguarding are kept up to date with good practice and are accessible to people at all levels in the Church
Please find all the Catholic safeguarding policies and procedures which apply to all Parishes within the Diocese of Westminster in the link below. This includes guidance for:
- How to respond to allegations of abuse
- Good practice when working with children and adults at risk
- Safer Recruitment
Other Resources and Links
- NCSC - National Catholic Safeguarding Commission - www.catholicsafeguarding.org.uk
- CSSA - Catholic Safeguarding Standards Agency - www.catholicsafeguarding.org.uk
- Cumberledge Report - www.cathcom.org/mysharedaccounts/cumberlege/report/Foreword.asp
- Nolan Report - a programme for action (nolan) report-2001.pdf
- Church Child Protection Advisory Service - www.ccpas.co.uk
- DBS - Disclosure and Barring Service - www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service
- IICSA - Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse - www.iicsa.org.uk
- NAPAC - The National Association for People Abused in Childhood - www.napac.org.uk
- The Survivors Trust - https://www.thesurvivorstrust.org/
- NSPCC - National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children - www.nspcc.org.uk
- Podcast: NSPCC Helpline’s Domestic Abuse Practice Advisors
- Barnardo's - www.barnardos.org.uk
- The Children's Society - www.the-childrens-society.org.uk
- Action on Elder Abuse - www.elderabuse.org.uk
- Shelter provides free confidential information, support and legal advice on all housing and homelessness issues. - www.shelter.org.uk
- Freephone National Domestic Abuse Helpline, run by Refuge - 0808 200 0247 - www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk
- Live Fear Free helpline (Wales) - 0808 80 10 800 - www.livefearfree.gov.wales
- Men’s Advice Line - 0808 801 0327 - www.mensadviceline.org.uk
- Rape Crisis (England and Wales) - 0808 802 9999 - www.rapecrisis.org.uk
- Respect phone-line - 0808 802 4040 - www.respectphoneline.org.uk
- Galop (for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people) - 0800 999 5428 - www.galop.org.uk
- Scotland’s Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline - 0800 027 1234 - sdafmh.org.uk
- Scottish Women’s Aid - 0131 226 6606 - www.scottishwomensaid.org.uk
- Women’s Aid Federation (Northern Ireland) - 0800 917 1414 - www.womensaidni.org
- Karma Nirvana runs a national honour-based abuse helpline. - 0800 5999 247 - email@example.com
- Hestia provides a free mobile app, Bright Sky, which provides support and information to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.
- Chayn provides online help and resources in a number of languages about identifying manipulative situations and how friends can support those being abused.
- Imkaan is a women’s organisation addressing violence against black and minority women and girls.
- Southall Black Sisters offer advocacy and information to Asian and Afro-Caribbean women suffering abuse.
- Stay Safe East provides advocacy and support services to disabled victims and survivors of abuse.
- SignHealth provides domestic abuse service support for deaf people in British Sign Language (BSL). - 020 3947 2601 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sexual Assault Referral Centres provide advice and support services to victims and survivors of sexual assault or abuse.
- Cedar - Catholics experiencing domestic abuse resources - http://www.cedar.uk.net/
OTHER USEFUL DOCUMENTS
- Government Guidance Regarding Information Sharing & 7 Golden Rules
- CSSA - Retention and Destruction of Information
- Diocesan Complaints Policy and Procedure
- CSSA Privacy Policies
Throughout our section, you will find links to external websites. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly and ensure these links are accurate, up to date, and relevant. However, the Safeguarding Department cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.
If you come across any external links that do not work, we would be grateful if you could report them to the web content team or at email@example.com