Key Statutory Guidance relating to Children and Adults at Risk
Children - Working Together 2018
Adults at Risk - Care and Support Statutory Guidance (Care Act 2014 Guidance)
National Safeguarding Policies and Procedures
CSAS (Catholic Safeguarding Advisory Service) ensure that the Church’s policies on safeguarding are kept up to date with good practice and are accessible to people at all levels in the Church
Please find all the Catholic safeguarding policies and procedures which apply to all Parishes within the Diocese of Westminster in the link below. This includes guidance for:
- How to respond to allegations of abuse
- Good practice when working with children and adults at risk
- Safer Recruitment
CSAS have now moved the Safeguarding Volunteer Handbook online so any updates are not missed / handbooks become outdated. This includes:
- Code of practice / acceptable behaviour
- Risk assessments
- Event planning toolkit
This can be accessed via the CSAS Resource Area on the link below.
Other Resources and Links
- NCSC - National Catholic Safeguarding Commission - www.catholicsafeguarding.org.uk
- CSAS - Catholic Safeguarding Advisory Service - www.csas.uk.net
- Cumberledge Report - www.cathcom.org/mysharedaccounts/cumberlege/report/Foreword.asp
- Nolan Report - www.cathcom.org/mysharedaccounts/cumberlege/finalnolan1.htm
- Church Child Protection Advisory Service - www.ccpas.co.uk
- DBS - Disclosure and Barring Service - www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service
- IICSA - Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse - www.iicsa.org.uk
- NAPAC - The National Association for People Abused in Childhood - www.napac.org.uk
- The Survivors Trust - www.thesurvivorstrust.org
- NSPCC - National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children - www.nspcc.org.uk
- Barnardo's - www.barnardos.org.uk
- The Children's Society - www.the-childrens-society.org.uk
- Action on Elder Abuse - www.elderabuse.org.uk
- Shelter - Shelter provide free confidential information, support and legal advice on all housing and homelessness issues. - www.shelter.org.uk
- Freephone National Domestic Abuse Helpline, run by Refuge - 0808 200 0247 - www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk
- Live Fear Free helpline (Wales) - 0808 80 10 800 - www.livefearfree.gov.wales
- Men’s Advice Line - 0808 801 0327 - www.mensadviceline.org.uk
- Rape Crisis (England and Wales) - 0808 802 9999 - www.rapecrisis.org.uk
- Respect phone-line - 0808 802 4040 - www.respectphoneline.org.uk
- Galop (for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people) - 0800 999 5428 - www.galop.org.uk
- Scotland’s Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline - 0800 027 1234 - sdafmh.org.uk
- Scottish Women’s Aid - 0131 226 6606 - www.scottishwomensaid.org.uk
- Women’s Aid Federation (Northern Ireland) - 0800 917 1414 - www.womensaidni.org
- Karma Nirvana - Karma Nirvana runs a national honour-based abuse helpline. - 0800 5999 247 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hestia - Hestia provides a free mobile app, Bright Sky, which provides support and information to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.
- Chayn - Chayn provides online help and resources in a number of languages about identifying manipulative situations and how friends can support those being abused.
- Imkaan - Imkaan are a women’s organisation addressing violence against black and minority women and girls.
- Southall Black Sisters - Southall Black Sisters offer advocacy and information to Asian and Afro-Caribbean women suffering abuse.
- Stay Safe East - Stay Safe East provides advocacy and support services to disabled victims and survivors of abuse.
- SignHealth - SignHealth provides domestic abuse service support for deaf people in British Sign Language (BSL). - 020 3947 2601 - email@example.com
- Sexual Assault Referral Centres - Sexual Assault Referral Centres provide advice and support services to victims and survivors of sexual assault or abuse.
- Cedar - Catholics experiencing domestic abuse resources. - http://www.cedar.uk.net/