Despite the dreary weather, London has been a lot brighter lately. Lumière London, the light festival lit up places across the city from 18th to 21st January. Westminster Abbey, Carnaby Street and the Kings Cross area were all the sites of innovative light displays. For the first time this year, the piazza outside Westminster Cathedral was host to one of the installions. ‘The Rose’ was a display of thousands of recycled plastic bottles making up a beautiful illuminated window. Uniquely, the illumination was pedal powered, with members of the public pedalling fixed bikes to generate electricity.
- Honouring the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Giving thanks for Veda Ryan
- Walsingham: Queen of Shrines of Our Lady
- Celebrating Young People Awards open for nominations
- St Columba’s collects over a tonne of donations for foodbanks
- Fairtrade: Will Westminster be First?
- A Revolution of Tenderness
- Former Irish President visits Convent of Jesus and Mary
- Award-winning parish centre in Ware
- Inside the hospice: Clean living and assisted suicide
Corpus Christi Church, Maiden Lane will hold its annual Quarant'Ore or 40 hours Adoration, 20th to 22nd June. Solem… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Where two are gathered | Jesuit Media Initiatives and the Diocese of Westminster Marriage and Family Life team laun… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…