In this Advent message for the Year of Mercy, Bishop Nicholas reflects on the value of embracing and supporting those in need. He points to Jean Vanier, founder of L'Arche, as an example of showing mercy to others. L'Arche communities are where people with and without learning disabilities share a life living and/or working together. Bishop Nicholas reflects on how showing mercy in this way is a blessing for us. He goes on to say that not only is it a blessing, but mercy changes us.
- Bishop John Sherrington's statement ahead of vote in House of Lords on NI abortion amendment
- Protecting the intrinsic good of every life
- England is Mary's Dowry: A new dedication for today
- A 'beautiful and happy year'
- Hospice gives thanks to Fr Paul
- Chaplain’s vital work with seafarers
- 'Our Eucharistic Journey' Mass
- A church in celebration
- Bringing Light to the Darkness: Rosary Shrine opens new Rosary Garden
- Deep roots to the Spirit
A little note of happiness to those preparing to step onto the road to matrimony from those already enjoying its fr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…