- Brazilian Chaplaincy opens foodbank
- Pope’s prayer intention for August: For those at sea
- Caritas Westminster launches training for new social entrepreneurs in Brent
- Caritas Bakhita House helps secure sentences for traffickers
- Fr Frederick George Jackson RIP
- Caritas Westminster transforms key services during pandemic
- Newman Catholic College joins partners to help community through crisis
- Being Black and Catholic
- St Benedict’s pupils raise nearly £3,000 for foodbanks
- Bishop Sherrington cautions against 'abortion on demand' bill amendment
- Main NewsKaren Anstiss from Bakhita House speaks to Princess Eugenie
Karen Anstiss is the Service Manager at Caritas Bakhita House, a safe house for women who have escaped modern slavery. Bakhita House is owned by the Diocese of Westminster and managed by Caritas Westminster. Karen recently took part in a record...more
- Main NewsCaritas Westminster joins community groups to feed families in Hitchin
Caritas Westminster has joined Feed Up Warm Up and Hitchin Food Provision Team to support families in need during the COVID-19 crisis. Hitchin Food Provision Team is a collaboration of local groups . In addition to C...more
- Marriage & FamilyHow do we connect to our feelings?
Written by Deacon Roger Carr-Jones Marriage & Family Life Coordinator What words would you choose to describe your journey through this pandemic? Words are an important way of articulating what we have experienced and what has touched us. Fi...more
- ArchbishopCorpus Christi: 'Lord's gift of himself'
As we approach the Solemnity of Corpus Christi during this unusual time of pandemic, the Cardinal has recorded the following message about the meaning of this 'most wonderful feast' which 'takes us right to the heart of God’s gift of himself giv...more
- Marriage & FamilySpeaking the language of love
During this period of lockdown MFL Westminster have invited different groups to share their insights to help support and nourish marriage and family life. Christian Life Community God so loved the world he gave his only Son! How incredibl...more
- ArchbishopCardinal: Opening churches for individual prayer is 'big step forward for society'
A few days before churches re-open for private, individual prayer on 15 In an interview recorded in Westminster Cathedral, the Cardinal said that re-opening churches safely is an important first step as society continues to recover from the COVID...more
- ArchbishopChurches to open for individual prayer from 15 June
Cardinal Vincent has welcomed the decision that Catholic churches, that can safely do so, will re-open for individual prayer on 15th June. In his statement, he said: 'I am grateful to the Prime Minister for his decision that our churches may ...more
- Main NewsCaritas Westminster pledges to feed thousands with supermarket voucher scheme
In April 2020, Caritas Westminster launched the Caritas Emergency Food Voucher Scheme as part of its response to the COVID-19 pandemic . During the first phase of the scheme , Caritas Westminster sent out £31,000 in ...more
- Marriage & FamilyHow to share our lockdown journey?
Written by Deacon Roger Carr-Jones Marriage & Family Life Co-ordinator Going on retreat is always beneficial although it can be fraught with unexpected dangers and surprises, as we learn to travel in a new environment. Without the benef...more
- Main NewsBishops stand in solidarity with sisters and brothers in the USA against evil of racism
'We stand in solidarity with our sisters and brothers in the USA as they challenge the evil of racism and the brutal killing of George Floyd. As the US Bishops made clear: “we cannot turn a blind eye to these atrocities and yet still try to prof...more
In June this year, the Brazilian Chaplaincy at St Anne's Church, Whitechapel, opened its own foodbank with the supp… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…