On 27 September Elstree and Borehamwood celebrated 90 years of Catholic worship. The thanksgiving mass was led by Cardinal Vincent Nichols at St Teresa of the Child Jesus and guests included many local dignitaries and distinguished parishioners. The mass was live streamed to other venues because of the huge number of people that wished to celebrate at St Teresa’s.
In 1925 the first mass was held in a small chapel with just 50 people, which has continued to grow into the joint catholic parishes of Borehamwood and North Borehamwood. After the celebratory mass was their annual International lunch, celebrating diversity in the parish.