On 10 March Cardinal Vincent celebrated Mass at St Bonaventure in Welwyn Garden City for the 90th anniversary of the laying of the foundation stone for the church, which took place in 1926.
The first Mass was celebrated in the church on 14 September of that year. St Bonaventure was the first Catholic Church to be built in Welwyn Garden City, which was founded by the Quakers in 1920. The beautiful sunny weather added to the celebratory mood and exemplified the ideals and lifestyle that the Quakers aspired to when they founded the Garden City. Following the Mass, parishioners continued the celebrations with a lunch hosted in the Focolare Centre.