Safeguarding Commission Role
Appointed by the Diocesan Bishop and acting on his and the Diocesan Trustees’ behalf the Commission has advisory and supportive functions.
The Commission receives all national policies and through the Co-ordinator implements/updates them across the Diocese in a timely fashion.
The Commission also acts upon new reports of allegations/concerns of abuse of children, young people and vulnerable adults that have occurred within a Church environment and works with the statutory agencies accordingly. Existing cases are reviewed regularly.
- Mr Peter Houghton, Commission Chair
- Ms Barbara Beese, Deputy Chair
- Mr Andrzej Wdowiak
- Mrs Anne Mitchell
- Ms Mary Coller
- Fr Stephen Coker
- Sr Frances Patricia Cullen, CSFN
- Carmel Fox (Wood Green PSR)
- Kevin Barry
- Edward Morgan
- Rev Monsignor Seamus O'Boyle, Episcopal Vicar for Safeguarding