Parishes which are sound, prayerful and sustainable
By design, parishes are the largest beneficiaries of the campaign. Growing in Faith has given parishes the opportunity to achieve things that are beyond regularly available resources. Some parishes are working towards large, ambitious projects and others have identified up to six smaller projects. Every single initiative will help transform parish life, benefitting current and future generations.
For example, individual parishes or groups of parishes working together are:
- Improving catechesis to help parishioners become more knowledgeable and confident in their faith.
- Developing volunteering to increase their involvement in the life of the parish and the wider community.
- Renovating parish buildings, including churches, presbyteries and parish halls.
- Supporting other parishes that are vibrant and rich in spirit but poor in financial resources.
Over 270 local parish projects will be funded through Growing in Faith, many of which are in the planning stages or underway.
Below are some examples:
- Berkhamsted – Growing in Faith will help them to continue support the current youth worker in the parish
- Bow - plan to make improvements to the parish hall, to make it more suitable for groups, including the catechetical programme, to use
- Bunhill Row – have installed a lift to give everyone access to both the church and the hall
- Burnt Oak – have installed new screens in the church allowing everyone to fully engage in the Mass
- Clapton Park – plan to hire a part-time pastoral co-ordinator to better respond to their increasing pastoral needs
- Pinner – have recruited a pastoral worker to support elderly parishioners living alone
- Hampstead – plan to add a paid Catechist to their parish Team
- Hounslow – plan to extend the choir loft to provide increased seating capacity, which will allow more people to benefit from the liturgical life in the Church.
- Our Lady of Victories, Kensington – have undertaken major capital development to their church
- Pimlico – Plan to install solar panel for the church as well as support other parishes in financial need through the Trinity Fund
- Southall – will use their Growing in Faith funds to undertake some much needed renovation work to the church and parish centre
- St Alban's – plan to set up a fund to provide support to local charities
- Stamford Hill – plan to use the land next to the church to serve their growing pastoral and social needs, providing space for a whole variety of activities
- Sudbury – have employed a full time Youth Worker to assist the young people of Sudbury on their Faith journey.
- Watford – will recruit a pastoral worker to support young families with their Faith