Websites exploring Holy Scripture:
- What Good News - an extensive collection of audio and video recordings of study days and faith talks from Catholic Church of Christ the Eternal High Priest in Gidea Park, Essex.
- Bible Timeline - Jeff Cavins’ worldwide-famous Catholic Bible Study delivered by Catholic speaker Mauro Iannicelli through live-streamed talks.
Daily Bible Reading Notes
- Bible Alive is a Catholic Publishing House which publishes books, magazines, newspapers, other resources and online daily reflections based on Scripture and the Catholic Church’s seasons and teachings. Includes the parish resources, Bible Alive, Word Alive and Walk with Me.
- Living Space is part of Sacred Space run by the Irish Jesuits based in Dublin which offers commentaries on the daily Scripture readings.
- Loyola Press Three Minute Retreats invite you to take a short prayer break right at your computer and spend some quiet time reflecting on a Scripture passage. With apps for Android and Apple.
- The Year in our Church - seasonal resources for Advent, Lent and other key times in the Church calendar. (email@example.com)
- Sunday Connection - notes and reflection on the next Sunday’s Gospel with articles and activities but the rest of the Loyola Press website includes a comprehensive explanation of all other parts of the Liturgical Year/cycle, the 3 year cycle readings and meanings associated with each part of the Liturgical year.
- Catholic Faith Formation - monthly newsletter for religious educators with articles, webinars et al.
- E-Magis - monthly newsletter with highlights from Ignatian Spirituality.com
- Sacred Space - newsletter of the daily prayer/scripture site SacredSpace.ie.
- Center for Action and Contemplation - Richard Rohr’s meditations
- Magnificat is an online newsletter with lots of articles, reflections, books to buy and reviews.
- Pray as you go is a daily prayer session, designed for use on portable MP3 players, to help you pray whenever you find time, but particularly whilst travelling to and from work, study, etc. A new prayer session is produced every day of the working week and one session for the weekend. It is not a 'Thought for the Day', a sermon or a bible-study, but rather a framework for your own prayer.
Lasting between 10-13 minutes, it combines music, scripture and some questions for reflection. The aim is to help you to become more aware of God's presence in your life, listen to and reflect on God's word and grow in your relationship with God. It is produced by Jesuit Media Initiatives, with material written by a number of Jesuits, both in Britain and further afield, and other experts in the spirituality of St Ignatius of Loyola. Although the content is different every day, it keeps to the same basic format. Pray as you go is an app for android and iOS.
- Praying each day - De La Salle Brothers references to the Life of Jesus in the Gospels.
- Pathways to God Jesuit website
- Sacred Space is inspired by the spirituality of Saint Ignatius of Loyola and is a joint apostolate of the Irish Jesuits and Loyola Press which offers daily prayers, Scripture readings, other inspirational writings and videos online. Sacred Space is an app for android and apple.
- Thinking Faith is the online journal of the Jesuits in Britain. It contains Scripture studies and reflections, articles and reviews about global and national politics, society, contemporary arts et al to help you think about your faith and think, through your faith, about the world.
- Ten Ten Resources provides high-quality, media-rich, resources to the classroom, staffroom and assembly hall, enriching the Catholic ethos of all schools which use the site.
Online Scripture and Art
Online Scripture and Evangelisation
- Bishops’ Conference Home Mission Desk
- Bishops’ Conference Department for Evangelisation and Catechesis
- Wednesday Word (school edition)
- Verbum Dei
- Bible Geek - for young people
- New Jesuit website
Ten Ten Resources for primary and secondary schools
Online Scripture and the Environment (Ecology, creation et al)
- Thinking Faith (Jesuits in Britain): Scripture, social justice and the environment
Online Scripture and Film
- Reel Issues
- Faith and Film podcasts on catholicnews.org.uk
- Sr Rose Pacatte's film blog
- Thinking Faith (Jesuits in Britain): Faith on Film
Online Scripture and Justice
- CAFOD - the Catholic Church's official agency for overseas aid and development
- Catholic Social Teaching
- Pax Christi
- Aid to the Church in Need
- Poverty and Justice Bible
Online Scripture and the Lectionary
- Catholic Biblical Association Scripture Notes
- Sunday Gospel reflection from Wednesday Word
- The Pastoral Review Reflections
- Word on Fire
Online Scripture and Liturgy
Online and apps for Scripture, Prayer, and the Divine Office
- Wednesday Word (parish version)
- Sacred Space - Daily reflections from the Jesuits in Ireland
- Bible Society apps
- Youversion Bible app
- Bible apps and Bible study apps
- Universalis - providing liturgical and devotional resources online
- Divine Office - The Liturgy of the Hours is the prayer of the whole People of God