Online Safeguarding Training: Towards a Culture of Safeguarding
The Church has a responsibility to ensure all those who undertake work in the name of the Church are adequately trained in safeguarding matters.
The Catholic Trust for England and Wales has purchased a package of e-learning programmes available to all members of the Catholic community free of charge. This is part of the Church’s ongoing commitment to safeguarding. These modules include:
- Child Protection
- Child Protection in Education
- Child Exploitation & Online Safety
- Safeguarding Adults
- Mental Capacity
What do I need to do to access this training resource?
1. To register your interest please email: email@example.com
2. Your email should contain your name, the name of your parish/order/ congregation, and your role (for example: Priest; member of the Religious; Safeguarding Representative; Youth Worker; Teacher; SVP/Volunteer; Parent/Grandparent/Guardian; Other.
3. On receipt of your email the safeguarding administrator will register your email address with EduCare.
4. You will receive a welcome email from EduCare inviting you to set your password.
5. You will then have instant access to the training programmes.
Parish Safeguarding Representative Induction Training Days:
This induction day provides new reps with the basic training needed to carry out the important Safeguarding Rep role within their parish.
Dates for 2019:
- Thursday 23 January 2020
- Thursday 12 March 2020
- Saturday 16 May 2020
- Thursday 16 July 2020
- Tuesday 22 September 2020
- Tuesday 17 November 2020
The Induction days take place at the below address between 10am and 3:30pm.
46 Francis Street
Pre-course material and further details will be provided to those attending nearer the date. If you have any questions then please contact:
Arianna Sommariva firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 798 9358.
Document Awareness Training for PSRs - for additional information please click here.
PSR Safeguarding Conferences 2020 details now available on PSR resource centre and SG email's