St Valentine's Token Book from the World Meeting of Families 2018.
Following Pope Francis’ calls to celebrate St. Valentine’s Day in a more meaningful way, the World Meeting of Families 2018 invited couples to think beyond the traditional box of chocolates and roses to gifts that will actually help them grow in their love.
In his document Amoris Laetitia (The Joy of Love), Pope Francis refers directly to Saint Valentine’s Day as an opportunity for couples to celebrate the importance of romantic love by gifting their time and attention to one another rather than simply relying on the more commercial approaches to the Saints Day. This is why, as part of the preparations for World Meeting of Families in Ireland last August, the World Meeting of Families 2018 invited individuals and couples to “Celebrate the Joy of Love this St Valentine’s Day” and to mark this day in a number of special ways.
WMOF2018 produced free gift tokens that people can give to their loved ones with further ideas on how they can mark this special day, including prayers for single people looking for a spouse.
The gift tokens are a special gift to celebrate love and help it grow. They include a commitment to:
- Have a technology-free evening to do an activity of your choice.
- Set aside time for prayer together as a couple.
- Go for a hand-in-hand walk together.
- Have a special meal cooked by me.
- Share loads of tender hugs.
- A family outing.
- Praying you find that special someone.
- Take a journey down memory lane where we set aside some special time to remember how we met and have grown together.
The tokens are free to download here.
The Christian ideal, especially in families, is a love that never gives up. Pope Francis’ The Joy of Love (119)