Higher Education: Catholic Universities and Colleges
There are a range of Catholic Universities and Colleges in this country and abroad which, between them, provide a wide range of high quality degree courses taught in English.
- Blackfriars Hall, Oxford
- Campion Hall, Oxford
- Catholic University of Louvain (Leuven)
- Heythrop College, University of London
- Leeds Trinity University College, Leeds
- Liverpool Hope University
- Newman University College, Birmingham
- St Benet's Hall, Oxford
- St Edmund's College, Cambridge
- St Mary's University College, Twickenham
- St Patrick's College, Maynooth
Catholic Children's Society
The Catholic Children’s Society is able to provide:
- Play therapy for pupils in primary schools
- Counselling for students in secondary schools
- Child and Adolescent psychotherapy for pupils of both primary and secondary schools
- Input into PSHE
- Training for staff on children’s emotional development and behaviour
- Advice and counselling following bereavement or a traumatic incident.
For information on these services please follow the links below to:
If you have a query or would like to discuss these services further please contact: Dr Rosemary Keenan, Chief Executive, Catholic Children’s Society, 73 St Charles square, London W10 6EJ. Tel: 020 8969 5305. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Society also has an Ambassador’s programme for students from secondary schools. This programme provides older students with the opportunity to reflect on how their faith can be put into action through good works to address poverty and disadvantage. For more information please follow the link above.
St John's Catholic School for the Deaf
St John's Catholic School for the Deaf in West Yorkshire, is the only Catholic school for the deaf in the UK. It was founded more than 140 years ago and has a national catchment area.
St John's School for the Deaf website is available here
Websites containg news, information and resources for those involved and interested in Catholic Education