Each year Westminster Cathedral offers an internship for an assistant to the Sub-Administrator. This involves work experience helping with many of the administrative duties which allow the Cathedral to function. There are also many training opportunities such as; assisting with the pastoral work of the Cathedral Parish and with liturgical duties such as attending services, distributing Holy Communion at Mass and participating in weekday morning prayer.
The successful applicant will live at Cathedral Clergy House with full board and lodging. They will also receive an allowance to cover living and travel costs for the duration of the internship.
The successful applicant will be selected on the basis of ability and potential to gain most benefit from this experience.
This placement is ideally suited to someone who may be considering a vocation to the priesthood or religious life. Several previous holders of the internship have gone on to the Priesthood having completed their year.
We are looking for current final year undergraduates or recent graduates who:
- Are committed Catholics with integrity, a strong sense of vocation to social action, seeking to bring their faith to life
- Are academically strong, having achieved or expected to achieve either a good 2:1 or a First
- Are highly responsible with good interpersonal skills and discretion
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- All applicants must be resident in the UK
Closing date: 28th April 2017
Interview date: 8th May 2017
To apply for this internship, please go to the Diocese of Westminster website under ‘Jobs’ section, and complete our Application form. We do not accept CV's.
Please click here for the job advert
Please click here for the job description